Oregon River Experiences runs fun and friendly guided rafting trips on ten of the Northwest's best rivers.
Our trips range from relaxing family floats to thrilling whitewater rafting adventures, from half-day, 1 and 2 day get-a-ways near Portland and other Oregon towns to 3, 4 and 5 day wilderness journeys in both Oregon and Idaho.
From April through October we run guided, outfitted raft trips on the Rogue, Clackamas, Salmon, Deschutes, Owyhee, Umpqua, Santiam, Grande Ronde, John Day and McKenzie rivers. We've been sharing adventures with our guests since 1978, and we're proud of the trips we offer. You won't find a better vacation anywhere!
Our business – and our passion – is to provide our guests with unique, rejuvenating vacations. Rafting with O.R.E. is different, and this difference is reflected in our name. Ours are not simply river trips, they’re deeply satisfying river experiences. We create rare and unique experiences designed to meet your vacation needs. With all the details professionally handled for you by our experienced staff, you’ll feel safe and at ease, and you’ll return home relaxed, renewed and rejuvenated.
We’re the Portland metro area’s only full-time, statewide rafting outfitter. No one offers a wider range of Oregon (and Idaho) whitewater river trips. Yet we’re a relatively small, owner-operated company – not part of a large, distant corporation. Small means you’ll receive personalized service both before and during your trip, and when you call or email us you’ll typically reach our owner, not an administrative assistant or an answering service. Small also means we don’t spread ourselves thin in attempts to run hiking trips in Peru, sea kayaking trips in Australia, or the like. We stick to what we know well – rafting trips in the Pacific Northwest – and we do it right. Finally, small means we’re committed to keeping our costs down and our overhead low, so our prices are very reasonable. We think you’ll find that an O.R.E. trip is an excellent value for your vacation dollar.
To learn more:
- Click on About O.R.E. for an overview of our company and of the trips we run.
- Click on Rivers and Trips for details about the trips we offer.
- To learn more about how to choose the best trip for you, click or touch Help Me Decide.
- Click on Reservations to secure your place on an O.R.E. adventure. Here you will find instructions concerning how to place your reservation by phone or by mail, and you will find a link to our on-line reservation system.
- Visit the following links to learn more about the special trips we offer for families, to read about our custom trips for groups and corporations, and to learn about Road Scholar, our educational trips for adults.
- Part of what makes O.R.E. unique is the wide range of boats available on our trips, including paddle rafts, inflatable kayaks, guided oar rafts, and our exclusive, custom-designed row-your own catarafts. For details click or touch the Boat Options link.
- Visit our Map Gallery, which provides regional maps and close-up looks as well.
- Click on FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions about O.R.E. and about rafting in general, including "When's the best time to go?", "what do I need to bring?", "when should I place a reservation?" and more.
- Finally, click or touch Contact Us if you'd like to reach us by e-mail, phone, fax or mail with questions or comments, or if you'd like to request that free trip information be mailed or emailed to you.