Clackamas River Rafting
Clackamas River adventures are our most popular whitewater rafting day trip. Our half and full day Clackamas tours (on the Three Lynx section of the upper river) are some of our best rafting adventures, and are suitable for first-timers and experienced river runners alike.
Why choose the Clackamas River?
- Closest whitewater trip to Portland.
- Family friendly, class III summer rapids.
- Beautiful scenery and clean, clear water.
Portland residents and visitors familiar with the placid lower Clackamas may be unaware that a short distance upstream await some of the region's best rapids. Powerhouse, The Narrows, Headwall, Slingshot, and Carter Bridge are a few of the many lively class III rapids we encounter*, as is Bob's Hole, site of a well-known kayak competition held each May. (* Some may be class IV rapids during springtime high water.)
Rapids are perhaps the primary attraction, but lush mountain scenery, solitude, and crystal clear water add to the trip's charm. Plus all of this is practically in Portland's back yard - roughly an hour from downtown, and about 30 minutes from the east side of town. This is one of our best and most accessible adventures.
Spring is the best time to join us if you are looking for maximum excitement. Early-season high-water rapids are powerful and promise a wet ride. With the arrival of summer the water level drops, and the trip's character changes. Summer's rapids are less intense, but offer a delightful combination of fun waves and rocky slalom-course drops. Plus summer's slower pace leaves us more time to bask in the sun between rapids.
Why choose O.R.E.?
- We run Clackamas River trips all summer.
- Our staff takes high quality digital pictures of you as you enjoy rafting the river. Photos are then posted online for free viewing, or for purchase if you choose. (Digital files and prints are available, as are additional printed items including cups and T-shirts.)
- We're a Portland-based, locally owned company with over 35 years of river running experience.
- Our trips are competitively priced, and we offer discounts for groups.
- Our web site provides a secure, convenient online booking experience.